The 4th of July is a holiday that involves friends, family, food and the beach! There is good news because you don’t have to sacrifice your health or that beach bod during this holiday week! PRIME created survival tips and healthy eats to keep your goals on track!
1. Eat whole raw foods; no processed junk and chemicals
2. Slather on your SPF
3. Stick to a lighter beer or a wine spritzer. (You could also just drink water! Hehe!)
4. Skip the hot dog and eat a grass-fed organic burger. Get whole wheat or sprouted buns instead of the white flour or potato! Maybe even skip the bun all together!
5. Pass on the potato salad. (We know it tastes SO good!)
PRIME Recipe Recommendations!
· 1 bag of fresh kale; cut into small fine pieces
· 1 large carrot, grated
· 1/2 an orange, juiced
· 1/2 a lemon, juiced
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper
· Basil and cilantro
· 3 tablespoon olive oil
· 1/2 red onion, sliced very thinly
· 1 garlic clove
· 2 tablespoons, mayonnaise
· Optional: pumpkin seeds
Place the kale into a salad bowl. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Can be made several hours in advance.
Almond Butter Brownies
· 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
· 3/4 cup coconut sugar
· 3 large eggs
· 2teaspoons vanilla extract
· 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/8 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer, beat almond butter and sugar on medium speed until creamy. Beat in eggs, vanilla, cocoa, baking soda, and salt until a smooth batter forms. Fold in chocolate chips
2. Spread batter into a greased 12-in square baking pan and sprinkle with additional chocolate chips if desired. Bake brownies at 350F 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with moist crumbs sticking to it. (Middle will appear underdone---this is ok!)
3. Cool brownies completely on a wire cooling rack. Once cooled, slice brownies into 16 squares and serve. Enjoy!
Red, White and Blue Fruit Kabob in Flag Shape
· 1 cup water
· 3 Tbsp lemon juice
· washed and cut strawberries
· washed blueberries
· bananas, cut into 1″ pieces
· bamboo skewers
Mix water and lemon juice in a medium sized bowl. Prepare fruit. Place bananas in lemon water to coat to prevent bananas from browning. Thread a strawberry piece, followed by a banana piece onto 7 skewers. Repeat the process two more times on all 7 skewers and end by adding one additional strawberry. On 5 additional skewers, thread a strawberry, banana, strawberry, banana, then follow with about 5 or 6 blueberries. Line all skewers up on a serving platter to look like a flag and serve